- Writer/Actor Ty Jones recently starred as Msgt. Jim Sweet in REDACTED, a feature by Brian DePalma.
- “Witty, powerful, charming and sexy" are just few of the many sentiments expressed about this forceful fixture on the New York acting scene. Jones appeared as Archibald in the Classical Theatre of Harlem's revival of the critically acclaimed Off-Broadway production, The Blacks: A Clown Show, for which he won an OBIE Award. His Broadway debut was in the role of Lt. Byers in Judgment at Nuremberg. He was seen in the Tony Award-Winning production of Henry IV with Ethan Hawke and Kevin Kline. He was recently in Julius Caesar, with Denzel Washington; directed by Tony-Award winner, Daniel Sullivan.
- Notable credits include:
- Macbeth - (Audelco Nomination Best Actor); Menalaus in Trojan Women (Audelco Nomination Best Supporting Actor); Sweet Daddy in Ain't Supposed to Die... (Audelco Nomination Best Supporting Actor in a Musical)– all at the award-winning Classical Theatre of Harlem.
- Others include:
- Hamlet - American Shakespeare Theatre Company(Sundance); Paul in Six Degrees of Separation - Baltimore Center Stage/MSC and Cory in Fences - Guthrie.
- Film credits include: Heaven's Fall -– with Timothy Hutton and Anthony Mackie; Kiss it up to God -– Winner at Cannes, UrbanWorld, Imagenation and First Run Film Festivals. He also starred in Kairos, a short feature by award-winning director Shanti Thakur.
- Mr. Jones has both stage and film literary projects in the works. Emancipation, a screenplay based on the 1831 Nat Turner Rebellion, was selected in the following:
- Sundance Feature Film Institute - Finalist
- San Francisco Black Film Festival - Winner
- Southern Poverty Law Center - Endorsement
- Writer's Digest American
- Screenwriters Association - Honorable Merit
- Its theatrical adaptation was part of the Labyrinth Theatre Company's workshop reading series and will premiere at the Classical Theatre of Harlem.
- Mr. Jones produced the Off-Broadway hit, CREATION: A Clown Show starring Lucas Caleb Rooney and directed by Orlando Pabotoy.
- Mr. Jones received his MFA from the University of Delaware and was named "One of 25 to Watch in 2006" in TIME OUT NY Magazine.
|TELEVISION / FILM|
|REDACTED||Msgt Jim Sweet||Brian DePalma|
|KISS IT UP TO GOD *||Oswald (Lead)||Caran Hartsfield|
|KAIROS **||Jared||Shanti Thakur|
|LAW & ORDER: CRIMINAL INTENT||Matthew Shaw||NBC /Michael Smith|
|HEAVEN'S FALL(w. Tim Hutton)||William Patterson||Terry Green|
|LAW & ORDER||Quinn||NBC/Eric Stolz|
|ANOTHER WORLD||Dr. Flemming||Jimmy Bohr|
|LAW & ORDER||Tyrone Williams||NBC/ Gloria Muzio|
|THE JURY||Wade Unseld (Guest star)||FOX/ Barry Levinson|
|LAW & ORDER SVU||Officer Graves||NBC/Arthur W. Forney|
|THE WEBSTER REPORT||Barry||Barry Sonnenfeld|
|LAW & ORDER: CRIMINAL INTENT||Det. Fecci||NBC/Frank Prinzi|
|*Winner at Cannes, URBANWORLD, Imagenation and First Run Film Festivals|
|**IFP Fellow Award Winner|
|Broadway / Off-B'way|
|JULIUS CAESAR (Denzel Washington)||Marc Antony(us); Ensemble||Daniel Sullivan|
|HENRY IV (Kevin Kline, Ethan Hawke)||Nym||Jack O'’Brien|
|LINCOLN CENTER DIRECTOR'S LAB '’02, '’03, '04||Ensemble||Anne Cattaneo|
|JUDGMENT AT NUREMBERG||Lt. Byers||John Tillinger|
|THE BLACKS (OBIE)||Archibald||Chris McElroen|
|MACBETH (Best Actor Nom-AUD)||Macbeth||Alfred Preisser|
|TROJAN WOMEN (Drama Desk)||Menelaus||Alfred Preisser|
|LOVE||David Rosenthal||Dan Fields|
|AIN'T SUPPOSED TO DIE A NATURAL DEATH||Sweet Daddy, Cop||Alfred Preisser|
|The Guthrie Theatre|
|BIG WHITE FOG||Phillip||Lou Bellamy|
|Classic Stage CO/TMT|
|FAUST||Young Faust||David Herskovitz|
|Baltimore Center Stage / MSC|
|SIX DEGREES OF SEPERATION||Paul||Xerxes Mehta|
|Amer. Shakespeare Theatre Co.|
|WIT (w. Lisa Harrow)||Ensemble||Ethan McSweeny|
|THE OLD SETTLER||Husband Witherspoon||David McClendon|
|Indiana Repertory Theatre|
|TO KILL A MOCKINGBIRD||Tom Robinson||Risa Brainin|
|MFA University of Delaware, P.T.T.P.|
|BFA University of Delaware; Mass Communications / Broadcast Journalism|
|Shakespeare Intensive: John Barton, Lisa Harrow RSC|
|ACTING: Sanford Robbins, John Amos, Joanne Woodward, Bill Woodman|
|SKILLS: Award-winning Screenwriter, Fluent German, Tumbling, Bari/Bass|